"I will heal their apostasy; I will love them freely, for my anger has turned from them." Hosea 14:4

Sunday, July 10, 2011

A whole new ball game

My parents are looking to move. They want to move to Valpo, like 20 mins from my house. We have had several people in our house looking at it since I got home for the summer. Now as most of you know reading this that we went to see my Grandpa & Grandma Lauson, and while we were there, they asked how it was  going. My grandma wanted to know what kinds of things that they were looking for. To which their response went something about a big wall for a new aquarium, a fireplace (maybe-- I don't really remember), and something else. Anyways, then my dad adds that he wants squirrels. Like squirrels running around in our back yard. So today we were coming back from church and my parents were again talking about selling our house and getting a new house (a frequent topic in my household at the moment) and the squirrel topic came back up. It was hilarious. We ask him why he loves squirrels so much to which he responds, "They are a nice little creature, they just frolic around the yard and pick up nuts." HILARIOUS. I wish that how funny it was would come across the way that it was said. My mom and I died it was so funny!

I went to see friends yesterday. I spontaneously decided to go up to MI. I had no intentions of being there yesterday for my friends going away party because I will be going up next weekend to see her and 3 of my other girlfriends. It was a great trip. It was worth the time driving a total of technically 5 hours in one day! I love those people. We had a great time and it was a much needed break from my "reality" here. It gave me alot of time for thinking. I mean all that time in the car, what else am I going to do?! So I thought alot about being content. I have been so up and down with that issue all summer. I had alot of hope for several different things going into the summer and alot of those things have left me with alot of disappointment. I remember having a conversation with Katie Clark, my SLD, at school about always going into the school year with an attitude that would say, "what am I going to have to go through this year?" I tried hard to go into the summer with a lack of that attitude. It worked for the most part. I had high hopes, like I said for alot of different things, but I have found disappointment and distance instead. I have found in the past with myself, that disappointment leads to a number of things that are not good for me, and by that I mean, not good for my relationship with Christ. As I began to think and talk to my mom last night and I have been praying....I realized I have been doing it all wrong. I have been "giving away" my heart to the wrong things. I have put myself into things, and in the mean time, my heart has been trampled in the process. Instead of giving my heart to God in it, I have given my heart to the project. This is simply not honoring to God or fruitful to my relationship with him or with anyone I come into contact with.

Praying for contentment has been alot of my prayers this summer for myself, but I don't need contentment, I just need to throw my heart into the arms of God instead of letting my heart wander to whatever is currently going on in my life. I hope that makes sense. God is good to me and to not give Him my heart wholly in everything that I do, is a slap in the face. So glad for God's grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment