"I will heal their apostasy; I will love them freely, for my anger has turned from them." Hosea 14:4

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

VBS

I love working with the kids at VBS. We have from 4 years old to 6th grade. Basically I got the cool job or what I consider the cool job. I along with 2 other people do the opening....they are great at it! I couldn't have asked for better people to help with the opening! Then, the kids break up into their different age groups. I get the pleasure of working with all of them in some way! A leader and myself do a skit before each lesson. Then once the skit is over, I don't have to do anything really. I watch the kids and help keep them quiet and everything, but I mean overall I get to walk around if I want too. Either way, I don't have to really discipline anyone really. I mean if I had to, I would, but good news, I don't. It is so fun being able to just play around and not worry about disciplining anyone. It's like being the cool aunt. It's a lot of fun.

To be honest, I wasn't really looking forward to VBS because I couldn't see how excited they would be about learning about Jesus. I wonder how much information they retain. They have so much information that I think that alot of it gets through. I hope so. I see some of those kids, and I hope that they all hear about Jesus this week. I hope that later down in life they all want to live the life that Christ calls them to. I am glad that I get the privilege of being able to love on them. I love those kids. They bring joy and light to my long day.

Today was a long day and the kids come and they are loud and noisy -- it's NOT obnoxious. It's life. It's joy. It's playful and fun. It is really good to be able to experience that after a long day. I don't think that I am explaining myself well. Okay, let me put it this way. When you volunteer for something (VBS for instance) and then you finish helping and it just brings you so much joy...that's what it's like. It's the feeling knowing that you are doing something good but then there is the added bonus of watching kids really enjoy it. Overall it was a good day.

OH and I updated my resume the other day and posted it on monster.com a few days ago and I have gotten 3 hits on it already. I mean, I don't know if anything is going to come of it, but it would be ideal to be able have a job right after I graduate! :) I have high hopes and prayers going up!

No comments:

Post a Comment