"I will heal their apostasy; I will love them freely, for my anger has turned from them." Hosea 14:4

Friday, July 1, 2011

A day in the Life.....

Interesting day.
Got up, later for work than I wanted to be.
Got to work, did some work.
Went out for coffee (White chocolate Mocha - sick! did not taste like normal at all) on my lunch break with a friend.
Got back to work and had a disaster printing these things for the fourth of July parade.
Finally got them printed, only God knows how many -- really only God does know, how many.
Got done with that, found a trailer to put the the train in to transport it for the parade.
Talked to some people on the phone.
Went home! :)

IT was a good day. I mean, let's get real....I felt really accomplished! I got alot done. And I realized that as I wrote all that down it doesn't sound like that much, but I feel really good about it. To make a good day great it only takes a few things.....one of those things is having STEAK for dinner! yuuummmm! oh my gosh! I love steak! seriously, it's sooo good! Just thinking about it again makes me hungry! haha

I have to be honest, I started this last night and am finishing it this morning. my bad! I just got busy last night. I was hanging out with my family and then I was video chatting with my friends, Kara, Dylan, and Tim. good stuff. Obviously a good reason to finish the blog this morning instead of last night.

One of the things that I am quickly realizing is that things will never be the same. I know that I have been in college for four years, and nothing has ever been the same from semester to semester, but I feel different about it this time. It's like I am disappointed with change. I don't want change to come. I prayed this morning about it. I asked the Lord to change friendships for the better. I had a bad experience with a friendship going sour when I wasn't this person that I am now. I know that that had alot to do with me and my attitude of pride and rebellion against the Lord. I just am hoping that this new change for the semester will be great. I don't want to settle for good anymore. I want great. I want God's best whatever that is. Even as I type those words, it scares me. I know that whenever anyone says that they want God's best there is usually something that is coming ahead of them. It is like asking God to come in and destroy what you think you want for what you actually need. I realized that as I prayed and asked God for my future and for my friendships to become changed for the better, better than they already are, that God was going to shake things up in my life. Life is full of joy and pain. I know that it fills with pain alot of times because I am a disobedient person, I am a rebellious person. It makes me kinda laugh typing that because I don't think that when people think of me, rebellion is something that comes to mind. But I am rebellious. I don't like to be obedient because I don't want the pain that sometimes is associated with that obedience. I know there is way more JOY in being obedient than pain, but my head and my heart disagree on this topic. It truly is a struggle everyday to be obedient to God and what he wants for my life. I am fearful about the uncertainty of my future. I have no idea what is ahead. And I will be the first to admit that I have trouble trusting all the time. I have no one to blame but myself for that. I know God is good and will do what is best, but my heart and mind have a continuous battle over the same issues.

I didn't think that this blog would go anywhere when I started typing it.....but alas, it went somewhere. God is worth trusting....

No comments:

Post a Comment