"I will heal their apostasy; I will love them freely, for my anger has turned from them." Hosea 14:4

Friday, July 8, 2011

A stolen quote.

"No, life cannot be understood flat on a page. It has to be lived; a person has to get out of his head, has to fall in love, has to memorize poems, has to jump off bridges into rivers, has to stand in an empty desert and whisper sonnets under his breath… And so my prayer is that your story will have involved some leaving and some coming home, some summer and some winter, some roses blooming out like children in a play. My hope is your story will be about changing, about getting something beautiful born inside of you about learning to love a woman or a man, about learning to love a child, about moving yourself around water, around mountains, around friends, about learning to love others more than we love ourselves, about learning oneness as a way of understanding God. We get one story, you and I, and one story alone. God has established the elements, the setting and the climax and the resolution. It would be a crime not to venture out, wouldn’t it?" – Donald Miller


I liked this quote...so i decided to copy and paste it. I found the quote from my friend, Katie's blog page. I think one of the reasons I really like this quote is because it talks about venturing out. I like that idea. I like that for my life. I don't want to be "stuck" anywhere. If you know me at all, you know that I do not care for Northwest IN. Now, this is not to say that other people don't love it here. I  don't want to make light of those who love it here, but Northwest IN is not for me. We have lived here in this area since I was 9, just starting out the fourth grade. I am now 22 and have been to several different states in my life. I get the privilege of being able to go to college in VA. Beautiful state. I was privileged to be able to go to college in MI for 2 years before my 2 years in VA. Not as pretty of a state, but I did LOVE  the snowfall. Because I go to school in VA I get to drive through several states to get there, and at this point in my life, I cannot imagine coming back to IN after I graduate in December. I just don't know where yet. My mom said that I should move to FL. I would love it there. It is warm and has palm trees, does it get any better than that?! ....I think not. Besides there, I have thought about NY, OH, and London. haha Such a broad range of states those are. I have heard that the Carolinas are beautiful. NC is out for sure, but SC is where my friend Michele and her husband will be. I don't think it would be bad living there either. I do love Michele and Nick. Either way, I have no idea where I wanna live. I guess it all depends really. It depends on where God wants me, where He provides a job for me. It's really all up to him in the end. Like the quote says, God has all the elements! That, my friend, includes the resolution. So no need to worry about next semester, a job, or what life will be like after graduation. :) 

1 comment:

  1. I like that I was mentioned in this post. :)

    I also wouldn't argue with you moving to SC. :) Haha, but obviously you need to go where God is telling you. :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete