"I will heal their apostasy; I will love them freely, for my anger has turned from them." Hosea 14:4

Friday, June 3, 2011

aw suga suga

Today like most days has been sweet.

I have to admit that when I first got home I was a torrent of unease and discontentment. However, after a few days of unease and discontentment, life has been grand. :)

Today, I had to go get a couple of books from Barnes and Noble. I picked up a book that we are doing for a bible study for our new Sunday school class. I have no idea how that is going to go, but my hope is good. And another one, called "The Unlikely Disciple".....As most LU students know this is a book about a student who attended our university and wanted to see what all the "hype" was about this university that we attend. Anyways, I'm excited to read this book and the other one, "Forgotten God" by Francis Chan. So far I haven't even read a chapter of "The Unlikely Disciple" and I love it. It's so interesting to read. I have no idea how I will feel about it when I'm done with it, but I guess we will see! either way I'm excited.

Got a Iced White Chocolate Mocha today from Starbucks and the lady there was so nice. She was just one of the most pleasant people that I have come into contact with. Anyways, I was in line and when I got up to the counter I had to stop reading "The Unlikely Disciple" and she asked me what I was reading. I thought that this was interesting because I wouldn't ever think that she would have bothered asking. Either way, she made an impact on my little day for the moment. She made me feel important. I feel like all humans like to feel important, and honestly, I felt important. It's weird I can't really express why this made me feel good inside or what it was about the encounter that made it good. She was just pleasant. :)

Came home and did p90x.....so rough. We did Kempo X today. So basically it was Karate. whew! Karate is hard, but it was really good. one of my favorites so far. I mean, don't get me wrong it was really hard, but it was kinda fun. afterwards I have really enjoyed getting to work out and it's been alot of fun! I mean, today is the first day that I feel like I'm getting in shape! It's good to feel that way for the first time in a while. Good to feel the burn. Needless to say, I didn't feel that way a few days ago, but I"m excited to see how I feel in 30, then 60, and then at the end of the summer. Welp, I think that that is all I got for now.

OH and I feel hopeful for alot of different things....Hope is a "feeling" I haven't experienced in a while! It's a good day to be alive!

2 comments:

  1. I read most of the book and then just got really sad. It wasn't as anti-God as I thought it would be. He gave us a fair shake and what came through was at times flattering and at others really shameful. Its a good picture at how the world see those who call themselves "His."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to finish reading it! I thought that was how the book was going to go. i have read about a quarter of it so far. So i guess we will see!

    ReplyDelete