So, I get up this morning for the first time of our new Bible study at church. I asked my sister to go along with me for the first time. I mean, I know some of the people that will be going, but I didn't really wanna walk in alone. Let's be honest, no one really likes being that alone, and I was somewhat intimidated. We are reading a book called "Forgotten God." So far I have only read the intro and the first chapter, seems like a good book. It's about the Holy Spirit and how we need his presence in our churches basically. Anyways, one of the leaders brought Dunkin donuts for the group along with coffee from there and some O.J. I grabbed some O.J. and some coffee a little bit later. It went better than I thought. We talked about issues that have probably been plaguing churches everywhere for some time now. Alot of times we lack the Holy Spirit in our churches. I could go on and on about it, but needless to say it went ALOT better than I thought it was going to go.
So, church starts, right? And we sing some songs and Pastor gets up to preach. I thought that the message was good. My only complaint was that during the service......wait, lemme back up.....Last summer, I went to the doctor for my knee. I have tendinitis (an inflammation or irritation of the tendon) because I ran too much last spring and didn't stretch well enough. Needless to say, my pain for the most part is limited and I have to wear knee braces when I work out. So anyways, I have been doing p90x, but it hasnt' seemed to bother my knees tooooo much. So I figure all is well. Now back to church, I'm listening to the sermon when all of the sudden I move my knee to sit with my feet planted on the ground and my legs at a 90 degree angle, and there is an ENORMOUS amount of pain in my knee. It almost brings me to tears. I go through the rest of the service and try not to move it. I get up to go to my car and it hurts. This does not look good for me. I come home and change into shorts and find that my knee is a bit swollen and it hurts like a beast. I have been icing it, but it's not really helping. It hurts alot to move and walk. I am just praying that it gets better by tomorrow so I can work out. I have prayer, high hopes, and ibuprofen on my side! We will see.
Overall though, today was a good day so far. I have really enjoyed it. The part of the day that I skipped was that before I came home today, I went to Barnes and Nobles and got a coffee anddd read "The Unlikely Disciple"....soo good! It's providing me with a different perspective on my life at LU. Then I drove around for a bit and tried to find a coffee shop in Valpo. It was a success. Found 2 actually....I'm hoping that after work tomorrow I can go and just sit and read or work on some work. Either way I'm excited.
I am feeling a bit less hopeful today because of my knee and everything, but I know that God is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment