"I will heal their apostasy; I will love them freely, for my anger has turned from them." Hosea 14:4

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

dry as a desert

Welp, it's been a few days and I thought I should write again. Alright so something funny about me, and I'm not sure why I am sharing this, buttttttt......whenever I write these blogs I always notice that I use the word "I" alot. Then after I think about it, I try not to use it so much. haha. -- I will give credit where credit is due and tell all of you who are reading that my honesty in that moment comes from my friends Tim and Dylan. They told me the other night that I, apparently, have to be honest in my blogs. Which to my credit, I am, but I just don't reveal everything about me.

So lately, my life has left alot to be desired. I am feeling very discontent as of lately. I have a great job, great family, great friends, and honestly I have NOTHING to complain about. I have a roof over my head, and God has been good to me. I was at work today, and I got up from my desk and I was thinking....

I serve a good God. He provided for me when I needed a job, He provided for me all year long with AMAZING friends, provided for me a new member of my family, my sister, and provided for me a great home life. What could I possibly complain about? The pros of my life far outweigh the cons of my life. I have been feeling discontent, but honestly, why? I don't deserve anything that I have. I am NOT entitled to anything that I have. I know that it's often said that "my generation" has a entitlement issue. I don't know about the rest of everyone, but I for sure do sometimes. I used to think that I didn't, FALSE I do. I think that I deserve the things that God has given to me. When in fact, I don't.

Either way you toss the dice, nothing is mine. I don't own anything. God has given everything that I have to me as a gift because he loves me. I don't know why he loves me so much, but He does. I love Him too. Just me and Jesus please.

1 comment: