"I will heal their apostasy; I will love them freely, for my anger has turned from them." Hosea 14:4

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bye Bye Bye

I was in my office today working on the church bulletin, and I was just doing my thing....and I didn't know this, but I get alot of my best thinking done during this time. I made some phone calls to different churches for Pastor, and then I worked on the Bulletin all day. It has consumed my last few days of work....which has been good. It has kept me so busy. I like being busy. 

On the other hand, I felt sobered. I just tried to explain what that was like to one of my best friends, Kara. I don't know how to explain it. I don't feel hopeful, but I am not in despair. For those of you that have been to Six Flags in ILL, I'm on the Raging Bull. At the beginning of the summer...I was making the first climb up to the first drop. The first drop although BIG wasn't too bad. It was the rush of settling in to being home. It was a little rough, but by the 4th time you come home for summer break, you got your hands in the air and are ready to take on the rest of the ride. BUT what you don't know is that the Raging Bull changes every summer. So the first drop is just the tease....it's like to make you feel like you know what the rest of the summer is going to be like. Let's get real, you don't. You never know what the summer is going to bring or even the fall. I always think that it is going to be one way, but then it never turns out that way. To which, I am always grateful that it's not the way that I wanted it to go. By the end of the ride, you are ready to get off, but it was fun. You want to go again, even if you stand in line for an hour. you are ready for more. 

Some days it's like climbing the first hill, but others it's a scary descent. Even still there are days that you are going over a small hill and float down. Today, I floated down. I am faced with things that I never thought I would have to deal with. Forgiveness, patience, love, kindness, being humble, and NOT rebelling. All of these things are difficult. They all kinda creeped up on me. It was like as I realized the summer's challenges, I didn't feel hope, but it wasn't in complete despair. Anyways, that's all for now. I serve a good God. Without him, I am nothing. He is I AM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment