6 FLAGS! so fun! let's just start with that. Today, I went to 6 flags with one of my best friends, Katie, and Christie. We had so much fun! We rode "Raging bull" like 4 times....we went to the front of the line a few times and it was so much fun! I just had a blast from the drive there (almost peed myself cuz I had to go to the bathroom so bad) to the ride home. So great! I am really going to miss Katie a whole lot when I go back to school on Friday. Honestly, I thought that this summer (like I have mentioned before) was going to be completely different. I am so glad that it turned out the way the way that they "weren't supposed" to.
My friendship with Katie did not start out a friendship at all. We weren't friends for a long time, and now I consider her one of my best friends. We have had many ups and downs, but honestly, there were many times when I don't know what I would have done without her. This summer is our last summer that we will both be undergrads. So sad. As we said goodbye again for the summer.....it was sad. nothing is going to be the same. everything will change from her on out. As I started thinking about this....something else came to mind.
dreaming. I'm not talking about like dreaming when you are asleep, but dreaming about the future. I have not been one for the whole dreaming about the future thing. I mean, I guess I dream about several things, but some things I just don't dare to dream about. Things that are in my heart that I want so bad, but I fear about dreaming about them.
I think that's a problem. As I let my mind wonder on that a bit, I thought to myself, wow that's not good. Do I not trust that my dreams will come true? do I not believe that my innocent hopes will one day come to fruition? The dreams we are talking about here aren't like evil things they are just things that I want one day. they in and of themselves are not wrong, but they are things that I am scared if I dream about them that my dreams will not come true? As if God couldn't fulfill my dreams plus more. What small minded thinking? How can I say that I trust God when I am too scared to dream and tell God about my dreams. It just hit me like a ton of bricks. Every time I think I have figured something out, there is always something more. And I am glad that there is something more.....it would be a shame to serve a God that is limited in any area. Thank God my God is big with big plans and bigger dreams than even the ones I don't dare to mention.
I hope that all made sense....I will not be proof reading this before I post it! :) Summer is ending....off to school on Friday! mixed feelings but excited to see where God has me this year! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment