Like I said in my last blog, I am in PA for my friends wedding. My brother and sister (sister in law, Erika) live here. My sister was the maid of honor in the wedding. I got the privilege of being able to do all the bridal party stuff with the bridal party even though I was not part of it. We did alot of fun stuff and lost alot of sleep, but the wedding was beautiful. All the lack of sleep and hard work and fun was all worth it. There were a few unexpected things about coming to this wedding.
We went to Hershey park for a day, and rode some roller coasters, and saw how they make Hershey's chocolate. :) yum! they give you a small free sample. it was delicious! Anyways, the bridesmaids were so fun. I seriously felt like I had known them my whole life. They were so nice. The only person that I really knew was the bride and Erika. They all were so nice and I had so much fun.
Something that was interesting was the reaction of all the bridesmaids when they asked me if Erika and I had always been close and the answer was no. It was interesting. They were very surprised. I mean, if you could see me and Erika interact now, you would think we have always been close. This is simply not the case. In fact, I told them that I didn't like her when Robby brought her home for the first time or the second. But now, I couldn't imagine a better person to be in my family. She is like a sister to me. We got closer when her and Robby had to stay with us for a while. It was great. It was so good to see her and my brother both this time. Erika really is like the sister I never had. I love her. She has become one of my closest friends. The time that I have spent with her over this past week since arriving in PA has been great. I am truly at a loss for words for how grateful I am that God placed her in my life and my family's lives.
God has been so good to me and my family. When I think about my life, it is nothing like I have ever planned. I wanted this and that and I seemed to not get the things that I wanted. But I got everything I could ever need plus more. God has given me great friends and a supportive family. He has blessed my life with not only 2 different sets of friends from different universities, but some of the best friends I could ever ask for along with my best friend from home.
I was talking with some people at my table yesterday at the wedding and one of them asked me what I was going to do after I graduate. My response was that I have no idea. I don't know where I am going to go, or what I am going to be doing, what job I will have, or anything like that. But God has something for me. He has never let me down even when I have been disobedient and angry. He has always been there to just love me and care for me and reprimand me when I needed it. He has taken me through so much of my life just by carrying me that I know that I have nothing to worry about. God has got my back. I just couldn't be more grateful for all of the things that I have gone through, the good and bad. Because if I didn't go through them, then I would not be the person I am today. I am nothing without Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment