"I will heal their apostasy; I will love them freely, for my anger has turned from them." Hosea 14:4

Friday, May 27, 2011

Speechless

Hmmmm.....

Today, was an interesting day. I honestly, have been down and out the last couple of days. Well, that's not entirely true. Mostly last night and today. There are a few things that I am upset about.....I just can't name them here. It is for another time. Honestly, though......here's what I think.

Say what you need to say. Life is far TOOOOO short to not get to the point. I mean, I posted a few days ago about my Grandpa who is dying...and this past Sunday, an RD at Cornerstone University passed away. Why do we play games? why can't the world just be a little easier? I simply don't understand. Value the people that you are friends with. Treat them well. Not because of what they might give you in return, but because you want to be a good friend. Listen well and often. You never know the impact you might be having. I can't begin to tell you how much more of an impact it is to listen then to speak. (that statement is interesting because I am, afterall, a speech major- haha, but seriously, I am) If you have things to share share them with people. Everyone has a story. God has given us different experiences in order to share them with each other....times of mourning and times of laughing.

Today I was silent. Today, I went through most of the day just being quiet. Not saying or wanting to talk to anyone including my family. I just wanted to be alone. It's weird how you can be surrounded by a crowd and feel alone and the opposite can happen too. Like you can feel not alone at all and only be with 1 other person and not feel alone enough. Even as I read my Bible today, I didn't fee alone...Now, I know that God is always with me , and I'm never truly alone, but today was different. I surely didn't feel alone. Some days I do and I really like it. People think I'm an extrovert....haha...I can be, but I like to be alone sometimes. If I'm going to be real honest, sometimes, I can't handle people. Not to say I don't love EVERY one of my friends, but being alone can be good too. I have no idea if I'm making any sense.....it is late. I am very tired and my brain needs a break from everything.

2 comments: